From February 6 - 10, filming will take place near the area of the branch. Please advise that loud sound effects may be heard throughout this time. A large volume of film equipment and vehicles will be present, however, Member parking will still be available.
On June 6, 1913 in Stoney Creek, Ontario, the new Battlefield Monument was unveiled by telegraph direct from Queen Mary in Buckingham Palace at 1 p.m. local time.
The erection of the monument, commemorating those fallen in the War of 1812, was a tribute to Mrs. Sarah Calder and the members of the Womens' Wentworth Historical Society who had raised the money both to purchase the Gage House and turn it into a museum, in addition to raising the large monument.
The only damper on the festivities was a tremendous thunderstorm that broke at about 9:30 that evening, drenching hundreds who had stayed for the evening's programme.