Accessible Washroom at Redhill not available
The accessible washroom at Redhill is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Holds Processing and Delivery Delays
Holds processing and deliveries to Branches will be delayed for the next week due to Staff capacity.
We are working to move materials as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Please be aware of online phishing attempts impersonating Hamilton Public Library and Library Staff. HPL does not solicit paid freelance opportunities through social media or other messaging applications. HPL does not request personal or banking information through social media or require financial compensation when reviewing job applications. Please report phishing schemes to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you think you are a victim of fraud, please call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Suggest for Purchase
HPL welcomes suggestions for purchase.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Please check the Library Catalogue to ensure we don’t already have the title.
- Please submit a separate form for each title suggested.
- Suggested titles must be available for purchase in Canada.
- Please request titles published more than two years ago through interlibrary loan.
- Bear in mind that not-yet-released popular books, movies and music are likely on our order list.
- If the suggested title is out-of-print or falls outside of HPL’s Collection Policy and is not purchased, please request through interlibrary loan.
- Use OverDrive’s Recommendation feature for eBook and eAudio purchase suggestions.
- Also check our partner libraries using the link at the top of HPL's OverDrive service.
- If you are a local author, please use our author book submissions form.
Due to the volume of submissions, we are unable to contact or meet with authors individually, nor are we able to confirm whether or not we have decided to add the work. If accepted, the item will be purchased and added to our catalogue.